The Trumbull County St. Vincent de Paul Thrift Store and Donation Center is a source of hope for those who cannot purchase basic necessities or need to shop on a budget. Without donations of gently-used furniture, clothing and household items, a mother would not receive pots and pans to cook for her family, a child would still be sleeping on a hard, cold floor, or a father would not have a suit to wear to a job interview.
The items that you no longer have a use for could give a local family hope for their future. All thrift store and donation center proceeds support our programs such as: four SVdP area food pantries, daily hot meal service in the Nick Parilla Dining Hall, utility and rent/mortgage assistance, furniture and clothing vouchers, our unique “Sleep Soundly” bed assistance program and homelessness prevention programs. So, whether you’re shopping or donating, you’re helping neighbors in need!
Not sure what to donate? Here’s a list of basic items that are always needed:
- Clothing – especially men’s and children’s items
- Clean, usable furniture – no stains, tears, pet hair or smoke odor
- Mattresses/box springs/beds – gently used with no stains, tears or odor
- Appliances – whether or not they are in working condition!
- Household items – lamps, area rugs, sheets, comforters, blankets, etc
- Plate sets, dishes, pots & pans
- Small appliances – toasters, microwaves, coffee makers, blenders, hand mixers, etc.
- Household decorations and home decor
- Kitchen utensils
- Paper goods
- Sporting goods, bikes & toys
- Shoes: especially men’s
- Non-perishable food items
- Personal hygiene items
SVdP Trumbull County
540 Main Avenue, SW
Warren, Ohio 44483